Altar Exhibition and Competition Application
Altar space is LIMITED, so don’t wait to apply! You are served on a first-come, first-served basis!
A refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve your space at the Altar. You will receive your refunded deposit after the closure of the event and once you have torn down and cleaned your altar space. Deposits will not be returned if the spaces are not cleaned immediately or if the applicant knocks them down before the event concludes.
To receive a refund, cancellations must be made before OCT. 15
Installation is Thursday, November 3 from noon to 9 p.m. You must carry and prepare your altar on Thursday. Loading times will be pre-assigned and staggered. You may not drive a vehicle in Craig Ranch Park at any time other than your scheduled charging time.
- Altar spaces will be approximately 10 feet (width) x 10 feet (depth). Participants will be required to provide their own materials.
- Merchandise may not be sold on the altar sites.
- All materials must be uploaded by Thursday, November 3. You can continue to install your altar on Friday morning, Nov. 4 until 3 p.m., but there will be NO LOAD of materials or vehicle access on Friday.
- Day of the Dead at GLVTF 2022 begins at 5 p.m. Friday. Altars must be completed by Friday at 3 p.m.
- Plan ahead and arrive early and organized for an enjoyable setup experience.
- Altars will remain on display from 5 p.m. on Friday until 10 p.m. on Sunday.
- Altars will stay awake during the night of Friday and Saturday, so remove any valuables when you go to sleep. The Day of the Dead at GLVTF is not responsible for any damage or theft during the night of the altars. Be present in your altar space before 12 noon on Saturday to make sure the altar is ready to judge.
- Open flames are not allowed. Please bring your own lights or stacked candles to illuminate your altar. You will need to bring an extension cord if you need power.
- Open containers of alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- The prizes of the Altar contest are: 1st prize $500, 2nd prize $250 and Fan Favorite $250.
- The winners will be announced on the Sunday after the Mariachi Presentation around 7pm.
- To be eligible for the Student portion of the Altar Exposition, the additional criteria below must be followed. Indicate in the box below if you are a student.
- DETAILED RULES, INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING LOADING, CHECKIN, PARKING, ETC. WILL BE EMAILED DIRECTLY TO PARTICIPANTS.
For questions related to the Altar Contest only, please email email@example.com